COVID-19 PREPARDNESS PLAN
Our immediate response to COVID-19 is appropriately focused on protecting the health and the safety of our employees, their families, our community and our guests. For this reason, we have increased our focus on cleanliness across the organization. Our policies and precautions will be modified as needed to ensure we are meeting and exceeding the current health and safety needs of our staff and guests.
Guest Safety & Health
- Physical Distancing. Physical distancing signage is posted throughout the property. Guests will be encouraged to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling with them while standing in lines or moving around the property. We are committed to complying with, or exceeding, local or state mandated occupancy limits.
- Hand Sanitizer. Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at the front desk and at the restaurant.
Employee’s Safety & Health
- COVID-19 Training. All employees will receive training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols with more comprehensive training for our teams with frequent guest contact including Housekeeping, Food and Beverage, and Front Desk.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Appropriate PPE will be worn by all employees based on their role and responsibilities, and in adherence with state or local regulations. Training on how to properly use and dispose of all PPE will be mandatory. Every employee entering the property will be provided a mask and will be required to wear their mask in adherence to state or local regulations. Gloves will be provided to employees whose responsibilities require them as determined by medical experts including housekeeping, restaurant, and public area attendants. Gloves must be changed after cleaning each unit.
- Hand Washing. All employees have been instructed they must wash their hands every 60 minutes (for 20-seconds) and after any of the following activities: Using the restroom, sneezing, touching the face, blowing the nose, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, smoking, eating, drinking, going on break and before or after starting a shift.
Cleaning & Sanitizing Procedures
- Guest Rooms. Along with our normal cleaning protocols, housekeeping staff will disinfect each room’s water faucet handles, toilet seats and handles, door and furniture handles, and other high-touch items including television remote controls, nightstands, doors, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks, railings, windows and flooring. Accent pillows and other decorative items are either removed from all units and stored until further notice, or they are sprayed with fabric disinfectant between guests if they are present in rooms.
- Employees have been informed of and encouraged to self‐monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID‐ 19. The following policies and procedures are being implemented to assess workers’ health status prior to entering the workplace and for workers to report when they are sick or experiencing symptoms.
- All employees are required to have a pre-shift symptom screening before being allowed to work. If any worker is experiencing a COVID-19 symptom, they will be sent home immediately and contacted by Human Resources for further instruction.
- Employees are required to take temperature with infrared thermostat prior to starting their shift. Temperature Log is kept at the Front Desk and at the Restaurant. An employee who experiences fever and/or respiratory symptoms while home should not report to work. Instead, the employee should contact his or her immediate supervisor or Human Resources for further direction.
- Laundry. Dirty linen will be bagged in the guest room to eliminate excess contact while being transported to the laundry facility. All bed linen, including pillow protectors, and laundry will continue to be washed at high temperature and in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Public Spaces. Staff will disinfect all surfaces every two hours, or as occupancy dictates. This includes, countertops or check-in stations, hand rails, door handles, public bathrooms, and other hard surfaces.
- Front Desk. Staff will regularly sanitize and disinfect all countertops, phones, room keys, pens and credit card devices after use. A safety barrier has been installed at the front desk for additional safety of both our guests and staff. The social-distancing reminder signs are posted on entry doors and at the front desks.
- Cascade Restaurant & Pub Waitstaff is required to wear masks. We follow all governor's orders regarding reduced dining capacity and we continue to serve take-out and curbside. Reservations are required for indoor and outdoor dining when allowed per governor's orders. The maximum capacity for outdoor dining will be restricted to a maximum capacity of 50 persons. Tables will be spaced at a minimum of 6 feet apart. Table service will be limited to 6 persons. Customers are required to wear masks, which may be removed while eating and drinking. All food preparation stations, server stations, and trays will be sanitized every hour. Kitchen will be deep cleaned daily.
- Weddings & Events. Seating capacities and floor plans to be reviewed on an event by event basis to ensure appropriate physical distancing. Along with our normal cleaning protocols, tables, chairs, and equipment will be disinfected after each group use.
SCREENING AND POLICIES FOR EMPLOYEES EXHIBITING SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF COVID‐19
Cascade Lodge has implemented leave policies that promote workers staying at home when they are sick, when household members are sick, or when required by a health care provider to isolate or quarantine themselves or a member of their household.
- Employees are entitled to Emergency Paid Sick Leave (EPSL) and/or Expanded FMLA when applicable (EFMLA). The full EPSL and EFMLA policies have been added to the employee handbook and described in an informational poster hanging beside the posted labor law posters.
- Employees with underlying medical conditions or who have household members with underlying health conditions should discuss concerns with Human Resources to determine if they may qualify for either a paid or unpaid leave.
Cascade Lodge has also implemented a policy for informing workers if they have been exposed to a person with COVID‐19 at their workplace and requiring them to quarantine for the required amount of time.
- Employees will be informed in writing by Human Resources if it is known they have been exposed to a person with COVID-19 and required to quarantine for 14 days from time of exposure unless otherwise directed by a healthcare provider.
In addition, a policy has been implemented to protect the privacy of workers’ health status and health information.
- Employees’ symptom screenings and any other health status or health information will be treated as protected health information and stored securely and confidentially in the Human Resources Department.
- If it is known that a staff member has tested positive for COVID-19, the name of the employee will remain confidential and not shared with staff by management.
COMMUNICATIONS AND TRAINING
This plan was distributed to all workers on 5/4/2020 and necessary training provided by managers. Additional communication and training will be ongoing and provided by Human Resources to all employees who did not receive the initial training. Management and staff are to work through this new program together and update the training as necessary. This plan has been certified by the Cascade Lodge management and was posted throughout the workplace on 05/04/2020 and will be updated as necessary.
Thomas McAleer, Owner, Cascade Hospitality LLC, dba Cascade Lodge
HELP KEEP YOUR WORKPLACE SAFE
*Cover your cough/sneeze * Wash your hands * Keep your Distance * Stay home if you’re are sick*
Respiratory etiquette: Cover your cough or sneeze
www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-n... www.health.state.mn.us/disease... www.cdc.gov/healthywater/hygie...
Employees exhibiting signs and symptoms of COVID-19
www.health.state.mn.us/disease... www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-n... www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA...