Once air turns crisp and the mornings reveal that special glow signaling the impending change of the season, time is perfect to head up the North Shore to Lutsen, Minnesota.
CASCADE - YOUR PERFECT LUTSEN LODGE TO EXPLORE FALL COLORS
Just as soon as Labor Day Weekend ends, we excitedly start scanning the horizon over the lush forest canopy blanketing the Sawtooth Mountains, waiting for the colors to start showing. First, the delicate birch and sugar maple leaves start giving into the yellow and light orange tones. As the cool air rolls off of Lake Superior into the ancient mountains, the subtle tones intensify with deeper jewel tones of garnet red, golden amber, and deep agate orange and browns. It is impossible to resist immersing yourself into this colorful world and heading out for a memorable hike, no matter the length or intensity of the trail. Hosting guests since 1927, our landmark property is a premier Lake Superior lodge in Lutsen, Minnesota.
To find your perfect place to stay while on this incredibly colorful adventure, explore our cabins. They offer a perfect setting for your fall stay on the North Shore.
Your North Shore Fall Visit Check List
1. Your most comfortable HIKING SHOES, things might get muddy, so waterproof shoes are always a great choice.
2. RAIN JACKET is an essential gear for fall hiking as sudden afternoon showers can catch you mid-trail.
3. To carry all of your day hike essentials, DAYPACK/BACKPACK is a crucial piece of gear you will want to bring along.
4. LAYERS, mid-weight base layer together with a fleece sweater, and a soft shell jacket will be perfect for making you comfortable no matter what temperature. Don’t forget a beanie and gloves for those early morning hikes.
5. SNACKS, our Cascade Restaurant & Pub is number one rated Lutsen restaurant according to TripAdvisor. It is also voted best Breakfast and Happy Hour by locals. Check it out for a hearty breakfast before your hike, or as a refueling station post your hike. Our restaurant can also prepare hiker’s protein packed sack lunch, or trail snack pack for your day hike.
6. A PERFECT PLACE TO STAY. Explore and book one of our amazing cabins at Cascade Lodge. Most of them have stone fireplaces or wood burning stove, and all of them offer a cozy and relaxing retreat that wonderfully compliments your fall exploration of our beautiful area.